Clovelly Child Care Centre provides care and education for children aged 3 months to 5 years.
We are community driven. We aim to respond and assist all members of our community , particularly those families and children who are at risk. For this reason we have included a high priority access system-within our enrolment procedure . This aligns with our Anti -bias policy embedded in our philosophy
There are three rooms and each room has a program based on the children’s interests and needs. The program covers all areas of children’s development, designed for the following outcomes:
- the child will have a strong sense of identity
- the child will be connected with and contribute to his or her world
- the child will have a strong sense of well being
- the child will be a confident and involved learner
- the child will be an effective communicator
- There is an Educational Leader in each room to lead the development and implementation of the educational programs in the service. Staff numbers are above the required ratios as set out in the Education and Care National Regulations 2011.
The Puggles Room: 3 months – 2 years
In early childhood, and throughout life, relationships are crucial to a sense of belonging. Our Educators in the Puggles room pride themselves on the low child to primary educator ratios of 1:3. We believe that these low ratios will help children develop a sense of belonging and build on their relationships with the familiar faces.
There are four Educators and 12 children a day in the Puggles.
The Plateenas Room: 2 -3 years
In the Plateena’s room the children naturally gravitate towards helping out with everyday routines and enjoy the responsibility of collecting eggs from the chicken coop, collecting the mail from the mail box and picking the vegetables from the garden beds to give to the cook.
There are four educators in the room and a total of 18 children.
Joeys Room: 3 – 5 years
The Joeys children show growing independence. Together we learn from each other that there must be a partnership between the child and the Educator where not only the child learns from us but we listen to the children’s thinking and learn from them too.